Healthy Families Frederick is a free, voluntary home visiting program designed to support first time parents by providing quality, strength-based, family-centered services and support, and access to community resource agencies to help build stronger families, healthier children and a better community.
Specially trained home visitors help first time moms give their children the best possible start, by providing coaching and information related to:
- Healthy infant / child development
- Early screening for developmental delays
- Positive parenting
- Individual/family goals
- Medical providers for well-baby visits and immunizations
- Parent-child bonding and communication
- Strengthening family life
How can I become a Healthy Families participant?
- Be a first time mom who is pregnant or has a newborn less than three months old
- Be a Frederick County resident
How can I refer a new or prenatal mom to the program?
- Download and complete the Healthy Families screen/referral form by following this link.
Our goal at Healthy Families is to have children enter school ready to learn and to that end, Home Visitors work with participating families until their child reaches the age of five or starts kindergarten.
For more information, call 301-663-6183 or email.
Your donation makes all the difference. Join MHA in building a community where children can grow and thrive without fear, where good mental health is valued, where people of all ages know when and how to seek help for emotional or family problems without shame, and where everyone will have access to mental health services without barriers.Donate Now