A half-day training designed to help people be suicide alert.
Participants will learn to:
- Recognize someone with suicidal thoughts
- Move beyond tendencies to miss, dismiss, or avoid the topic of suicide
- Link people with community resources
Who should take these trainings?
- Anyone who might be concerned about family or friends
- Higher education faculty, staff and student leaders
- Emergency service workers
- Leaders of the faith community
- Mental health practitioners
- Community volunteers
For more information about attending or hosting safeTALK training please email or call our Community Support Services Director at 301-663-0011.