Sometimes First Aid isn’t a bandage, CPR, administering the Heimlich or calling 9-1-1. Sometimes First Aid is YOU.
Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour, evidence based training course presented by certified Mental Health First Aid USA instructors. It teaches how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. Someone you know may be experiencing a mental health crisis and YOU can help. Believe it or not, you are more likely to encounter someone – family, friend, neighbor, co-worker – in a mental health crisis than having a heart attack.
Participants will learn about:
• Risk factors and warning signs of mental health concerns
• Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis and substance abuse
• A 5-step action plan to help someone who is developing a mental health concern or crisis
• Available evidence-based professional, peer and self-help resources
To participate in this training, enrollment is required. To enroll, please visit: http://training.fcmha.org/p-7820-mmhf.aspx
- June 14, 2019 / 8:30 AM
- Mental Health Association George L. Shields Community Services Wing
- 226 South Jefferson Street Frederick, MD 21701